Buenos Aires’ Night of the Embassies will be held today from 6:00 p.m. in Buenos Aires, a cultural event in which emblematic Embassies, buildings of great architectural value, can be visited by the public. There will also be exhibitions, typical dances, music and poetry readings.
This is the second time the event has been held. Organized by the Foreign Ministry, the intention is to “promote cultural exchange between peoples, offering this proposal seeking to bring diplomacy closer to society” and also to “cultures, roots and origins”, the Ministry said.
Thus, it will be possible to visit “the different embassies, the Palacio San Martín and the Casa Patria Grande Presidente Néstor C. Kirchner, which will open their doors and offer cultural programs free of charge to the general public”.
“You will be able to enjoy artistic proposals such as art exhibitions, books, typical dances, music, poetry and much more.”
Some of tonight’s activities include:
- San Martin Palace: concerts and guided tours with limited spaces. Advance booking required.
- Embassy of Colombia: Colombian coffee tasting. Music and typical dances.
- United States: cultural event at the Argentine American Cultural Institute (ICANA) downtown. Music and shows.
- Embassy of Spain: Spanish baroque music concert.
- Belgian Residence: visits every 15 minutes for groups of 15 people. On a first-come, first-served basis with limited capacity.
- Embassy of Bolivia: music, tourist promotion and local gastronomy.
- Embassy of China: guided tours of its halls with thematic exhibitions of traditional costumes of ethnic minorities, performing arts, cultural objects and models of high-tech products.
- Embassy of Mexico: a talk on the historical importance of the headquarters during the civil-military dictatorship. Screening of the documentary “Argenmex, exiliadxs hijxs”, by Violeta Burkart Noë.
The complete program of The Night of the Embassies is here: https://cancilleria.gob.ar/la-noche-de-las-embajadas.
Some of the activities require advance booking.